Friday, January 11, 2019

A New Day, A New Dwarf!

So, we are back to our wonderful height-impaired friends, and I will say this guy took a lot longer than expected. I was starting to feel the rush of being so close to finishing, but I really had to work to slow myself down in order to make sure that  I did things right.
I did switch up the colors slightly on the tunic to see if I could make him a shade other than brown as the colors I had used to paint the Squat with the hammer blended a bit too much.
The plan is for this guy to be equipped as a sniper. The metal helmet he has on is from Uscarl Miniatures Space Dwarf range, his plastic body is Dwarf Thunderer's body from Games Workshop, and a lot of spare Kroot bits that I had lying around from a kit I had bought somewhere, sometime, for some reason I can no longer remember.




I am pretty happy with how he turned out and I feel like I am getting better at painting hair thanks to all these little bearded men. I've discovered through this challenge that I find that metal is a far more enjoyable material to paint on for me. The details feel much crisper and the overall weight of the metal miniature in hand is really nice.

Here is a group shot of my gang so far! Unfortunately, I have yet to receive the other minis I have ordered, and there are members that I still need to order. So, unless I happen to get my delivery tomorrow, I may be focusing on Elves for the time being.... those of which I have oh so many to paint.
Here's an older sketch from a few months back. It is meant to be the Albion Soothsayer from Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Very happy with how it came out when inked and it's a fitting transition into what I will likely have to present tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally Back!

Okay, so I had intended for this blog to be an incentive into painting more often, specifically I had wanted to do one miniature a day. Un...