Sunday, January 13, 2019

The most Important Part of Warhammer! Banners!

Any one who has played Warhammer Fantasy Battles will know that the banners can be just as important as the troops, both visually as well as mechanically. Nothing like a banner with a 2+ ward save!(High Elf Banner of the World Dragon)
So currently I have a few banners in the works. The rat on the top is actually a dead Skaven from my brothers army, my cousin's Lizardmen had a certain rivalry going for a little while. These were made  on Bristol board with Micron inking pens and Prismacolor markers. The fully colored banner with the tree will be for my High Elf archers unit and is a more traditional banner. The one with the hydra head came from my first game back and the first game my brother and I played from the Tears of Isha Campaign. Within the first turn, my silver helms fought off, chased down and trampled to death my brothers hydra, and while I ultimately lost the battle, that encounter will live on in infamy for me.  It will eventually be the banner carried by my mounted Battle Standard Bearer.

My plan is to have almost all hand drawn banners with the exception of my spear men who have the plastic molded banner from the High Elf Prince kit that came out some years back. Now I would have had liked to have more to show today but I was at work late due to some unforeseen circumstances and didn't get a whole lot of creative time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally Back!

Okay, so I had intended for this blog to be an incentive into painting more often, specifically I had wanted to do one miniature a day. Un...