Monday, January 14, 2019

Something That Has Been Sitting Unfinished For Far Too Long

My first foray back into Warhammer Fantasy Battles (with my brother) was the Tears of Isha campaign from the 5th edition of the game. We adapted it to the best of our ability to the 8th edition and set out to play through it all, finally finishing this last year on Boxing Day.

The Particular miniature below was the High Elf General for the third mission of that campaign, which boiled down to a 300 spartan's style battle. The Dark Elves had a larger force and had to fight their way through a narrow pass. The longer the High Elves survived the onslaught, the better their position would be in the final battle. After the 3rd turn,  the High Elf player added more benefits,
The High Elf side with their commander, Imrallion, were near impossible to break and would fight to the last needing to be completely wiped out. 

My brother and I converted miniatures for each game to represent the special commanders we were given. Imrallion is the first one I am willing to show that has been completed. He has been sitting half painted for months now as I was unsure how I wanted to take it on, and when I did know, I had to buy more paint.

The base miniature I used was the Pathfinder Iconic Samurai from Reaper Miniatures as my brother happened to have the bones soft-plastic version. His banner and sword were replaced with ones from the Dark Eldar Raider kit from Games Workshop. After several odds and ends were added from a multitude of plastic High Elf miniatures.

The base he stands on is actually a piece of painted sea glass and some small stones, and will be finished another time when I get a hold of some static grass in a color that  I like. As the campaign is over now, he continues to see use as my primary Loremaster.



For my High Elves, I have been taking some Asian influences, specifically Japanese and Chinese, as I see my army being one that is stationed in the Fortress of Dawn, that on the Warhammer map is located near the continents of Cathay and Nippon. These areas were never explored that much by Games Workshop, but I think will lead to a really interesting and unique army.

To end today's entry, I started working on a piece of hand drawn scenery to match the old style of cut-out buildings we used to see offered from older editions of Warhammer. It will eventually be mounted on plastic card when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally Back!

Okay, so I had intended for this blog to be an incentive into painting more often, specifically I had wanted to do one miniature a day. Un...