Thursday, January 17, 2019

Rank and File!

Back on track! I have a day off tomorrow and I stayed up painting one of the rank and file troops of my army. This one mostly served as a test for the rest of the troops in the unit. It’s actually an older sculpt, though I can’t remember what era he is from. Unfortunately his sword blade is lost to the childhood attempts at converting metal models with random bits being chopped off and stuck on to other models. His replacement was a plastic woodelf blade that seems to work fine.
I photographed him next to one of my spearmen to see how they looked together. I think it will actually look really nice with a few ranks of troops, of course I’ll have to get some classic green flocking and paint for the bases!

I may have to revisit the colors on the sword blade. Not really sure what I wanted to do with them, but I did want them to be different from the red blades in the rest of the army. Now most of my swordmasters are your standard affair, but I was also thinking that adding in some kind of Oni looking types to give it more of that Nippon feel might be interesting, or maybe some of the Tengu they have at Reaper miniatures.




So there’s what I managed tonight after I was off work, I also received a couple miniatures in the mail for my Necromunda gang that I’m very excited to get going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally Back!

Okay, so I had intended for this blog to be an incentive into painting more often, specifically I had wanted to do one miniature a day. Un...